Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bathyscaphe

I'm Paul. You can find out a bit more about me here.
I also met Oliver on the NESTA Crucible 2008 (can't be bothered to hunt for the links, just use Mel's).
My role on the team is minor, as is the amount of time I will have free to fill in this blog thingy. Especially compared to Ol as you can see.

I have experience in 3D computer modelling - the use of the computer to generate and manipulate shapes. I have also played around with Rapid Prototyping / 3D Printing and the general extraction of 3D geometry back out of the computer and into the physical world. I have mainly worked in the building / architectural field, but that's just a question of scale. (And I wouldn't put it past Ol to decide he wants to launch a whole Lab building into the stratosphere one day...).

So I've agreed to help produce some of the more bespoke parts for the project by modelling them to great accuracy in the computer and then 3D printing them. I'm relying on the others to tell me what they need. But you've got to admit that printing something out one day and launching it into the sky the next is pretty cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment