Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bugs and DNA isolation and PCR amplification

So I have been pondering how to isolate DNA for bacterial amplification. I have found that we could use universal 16S rRNA primers to amplfy genomic DNA, which if we got all fancy later on could feed into direct sequence analysis through pyrosequencing, but lets not get ahead of ourselves. To isolate the genomic DNA we could use any number of methods, but most of them use centrifugation so I think that perhaps magnetic separation would be easier in a remote situation, so we coulf d use the Dynabeads DNA direct technology, I already have a magnet for immunoprecipitation using a similar protocol, so we're halfway there already! Time for some ordering :-) though I need to check out air capture too......what about an all-glass impinger does anyone have any quickfit glass we could play with?

No comments:

Post a Comment